Friday 12 July 2013

Beauty Tips for Eye Lashes

First off, sorry for the late updates. I flew solo (say it again slowly, it gives me shivers just merely writing this) with baby halfway around the world. I thought I was she-woman. I even roared. I started updating my blog and making a few videos, ready to hit publish. And then baby started teething. I have two words: Holy Frijole. Interpret as you wish.
That aside, I used to love the effects of latisse. My whimpy lashes got a huge boost and I was sure I had a deer or two stalking me out of jealousy. And then I got pregnant and couldn't use it anymore. I still can't use it while nursing. My lashes were never the same. I thought I could sometimes see my deer-stalkers point and laugh "oh, how the mighty have fallen. " Although my lashes have never been able to compare, Hourglass's Film Noir Lash Lacquer gives them an extra oomph and is very visible in photos.
I admit, the lacquer is a bit of a pain to apply, it comes with a brush applicator so you literally have to paint your lashes. The formula itself is fairly thick but viscous and while it doesn't sting and burn my eyes, I can't imagine people with sensitive eyes loving the feeling if it happens to fall in. The color is a beautiful glossy black and in one coat does thicken the lashes. You will also probably need to have a clean mascara wand or spoolie handy as the lash lacquer can make your lasts clump together as if they were having a reunion of sorts.
The reason I do love and recommend this product is that it really does give that extra oomph, especially in pictures, and opens up the eyes beautifully. Paired with a primer, I get beautifully think lashes. Much more than with mascara or primer alone. It can put your look from lovely lashes to a luscious looking fringe. An that to me, makes it worth it.
Agreed, I might be a bit too lazy to use it every day. But for those days where you do want a bit more drama, even with a volumizing mascara, this, especially when pared with a primer, really ups the drama.
Mellow Wine comes in minimalist black case with a clear cover and the brush it comes with is completely useless. However, the blush that comes inside is now one of my staples (if ones list of staples can be over 50 that is). Mellow Wine is a matte warm dusty rose with some brown in it. My expectations weren't very high when I first applied the blush, in fact I thought it would not be too pigmented. However, the pigmentation of this blush rivals quite a few high-end blushes.
My skin is currently very temperamental and can go for oil slick (my natural state of being) to extremely dry (the weather is more predictable than my skin). I did not expect a $3 blush to weather all the oily and dry climates of my skin, but I was pleasantly surprised. The blush stayed on for the entire day and there is no chalkiness to the texture either.
The one thing I did find was that the blush was powdery when I swiped my brush over it. Instead of swiping my brush I've found that patting the colour onto my brush works better. If I had paid more, I might be annoyed but for the amazing pigmentation, lasting power, and price, I think I'll deal.
This blush is a great staple for desi skintones, and would look good on lighter skintones as well as those on the darker side. If you don't mind the packaging, it's a great staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment